An Oregon woman has died after ingesting “honey” and hemp products from a flower vendor, Oregon Health & Science University reported Friday.
The woman died at her home on Monday.
Her death was not immediately released.
The Portland-based university released a statement late Friday afternoon saying the woman, who has not been identified, was found in her bedroom with “a sudden onset of cardiac arrest.”
“We are deeply saddened by the sudden death of a young woman whose family has expressed their condolences,” the university said in a statement.
“Her family and friends will continue to provide support.”
The university did not say when or where the woman consumed the hemp products.
The Oregon Cannabis Hemp and Hemp Products Association (OCHPPA) said it was not aware of the death.
A statement from OCHPPA said in part, “The OCHPPA is saddened to learn of the passing of a woman in her early 20s who consumed hemp products that were sold at the flower vendor on the OHSU campus.”
The association said the death was “a very unfortunate incident.”